LEGO inspired modular XBUS microbus concept launched🇩🇪 2/10/23, 7:02 pm by Motorcycle Journalist
A modular microbus concept by startup ElectricBrands from 🇩🇪 Germany.
- 800 km driving range and 1 hour 0-80% charge time with a fast charger.
- Solar powered and for most urban use-cases fully powered by the ☀️ sun and no external charging needed!
- 56,000 watt four-wheel drive (4WD) with 1,200 Nm torque.
The XBUS concept is inspired by LEGO and the iconic Volkswagen Transporter van. The concept consists of a base vehicle in a road and offroad variant and a wide range of modules, including:
- A fully enclosed bus.
- A pickup with a fixed bed.
- A pickup with a tilting dump truck bed.
- A flatbed version with fold-down sides.
- A cabrio for urban commuting.
- A business transporter.
- A large cargo cabin for delivery purposes.
- A two person camper with a refrigerator, sink, cooktop, and TV inside.
The modules can be easily switched so that it is possible to use the same vehicle for both personal and business use.
ElectricBrands is working on new innovative modules including a hovercraft module that enables the bus to sail through water.
The XBUS is available with an offroad chassis that enables the light weight and high torque bus (500 kg weight and 1,200 Nm torque) to reach areas that most other vans cannot reach.
A camper van module provides a sleeping area for two people, a space-saving kitchen with a sink, a refrigerator, a hotplate and a TV.